PF3 2018 Programming
We've moved on to greener pastures for Philly Farm & Food Fest 2018. We've got 8 acres and everywhere to grow, three times the space we had in years past, and we're trying to cover every inch with fun, informative and delicious options for you. We're bringing the farm to the city for a one-day farm and food festival of epic proportions, a farmer's market experience like no other.
Philly Farm & Food Fest Marketplace
- The spotlight is on our farmers and producers in our epic farmers market featuring nearly 200 farmers and producers from the mid-Atlantic region. Arrive prepared to shop for the very best in locally grown, raised and crafted foods. Buy too much to carry?Check it in with our concierge until you're ready to head home.
- PF3 Beer Garden - take a break from the PF3 Marketplace in the PF3 Beer Garden, complete with entertainment by Polkadelphia.
- The Pour House - grab a tasting flight in The Pour House to whet your whistle while you sit a spell in the Beer Garden.
- Whiskey Hollow - watch as local bartenders craft sips with the fine spirits distilled in the City of Brotherly Love.
- The ever popular PF3 Kitchen returns with a full day schedule of informative kitchen know-how to elevate your cooking skills to a new level. Sponsored by Whole Foods Market.
PF3 Family Fun (PF3 + Family Fun = PF5!)
- We're creating a fun filled area of activities for parents and kids of all ages. New this year:
- First ever PF3 Hayride thanks to the sponsorship of Bright Farms.
- First ever PF3 Pumpkin Patch (PF3 + Pumpkin Patch = P3F3!) and Decoration Station sponsored by Republic Bank.
- Touch a Tractor!
Chainsaw Carving Demo
Learn more about Pennsylvania's agricultural heritage and the importance it plays in our region's economy as you explore the many informative area surrounding the PF3 Marketplace.
- PF3 High Tunnel & 4 Season Farming will welcome you to PF3 and start your journey to better understanding the current status of farming in Pennsylvania and our vibrant wealth of local food makers.
- PF3 Dairy Barn, a new focus exhibit this year, will bring to light the immediate dairy crisis in Pennsylvania's dairy farming industry. This is a don't miss exhibit for you as a consumer to learn how your shopping habits can impact our dairy farmers. Sponsored by PA Preferred.
- Cheese Please! We're again spotlighting local cheese producers and their craft, celebrating the amazing collection of outstanding cheese producers that call Pennsylvania home.
- Mushroom Capital and proud of it! Pennsylvania's mushroom growing history is significant, with Kennett Square crowned the mushroom capital of the world. This PF3 we are recognizing the importance and diversity of our mushroom farmers. Sponsored by PA Mushroom Growers and Mother Earth Mushrooms.
- Plant Basted Kitchen will present meatless options for Meatless Mondays, aspiring vegetarians, and devout vegans. Sponsored by Kimberton Whole Foods.
- Get Fit Eating Local with the help of local dietitians offering hints to using local, seasonal produce to eat healthy.
- Pay it Forward Philly shines a light on the bevy of local Philly eateries who invest in their community by helping to feed those in need. Hosted by Slow Food Philly.
- Fermentation Fascination will explore the many foods made possible by the simple science of controlled fermentation, and just how good these fermented foods are for our bodies.
- Locally Crafted Swigs & Sips of the regions growing culture of roasted coffee and blended teas.
- The Sugar Shack is PF3's sweet spot introducing you to the region's natural sweeteners: honey, maple syrup and molasses.
- Great Grains of PA celebrates the amazing grains being grown by our farmers and the diversity of products where you will find them.
- Farmed Fiber will take a look at the importance of Pennsylvania agriculture in the textile fiber world. Meet our alpaca mascot, King Arthur, our mohair goats, angora bunnies, bison loft (however cute, we will not have live bison) and sheep to be sheared for our first ever Sheep to Shawl Competition. And learn more about the future of growing hemp in PA. Did you know the Betsy Ross flag was made with hemp fiber? This is our first exploration of agricultural fiber and we think we'll open your eyes to many possibilities.
- Shore and Stream, and aquaculture too; PA and our NJ neighbor are a wealthy resource for local, sustainable fish and seafood.
- Sustainable Energy, a large part of the equation of protecting our environment, will be the spotlight of this exhibit, sponsored by Green Mountain Energy.
- What's That? Our farmers have some of the craziest farming equipment. See if you can figure out "What's That?".
- Ask A Farmer to learn the right way to grown your own produce, how to raise your own chickens, and more.
- Cookbooks and Their Authors will be on hand during the day for signings and discussion. Take this opportunity to meet your favorite local authors.
First time ever - we're serving up vittles to keep you sustained, local eats only!
- Big Rig Local BBQ Competition with local meat
- Local food trucks featuring locally sourced ingredients
Food for All
Through a partnership with The Food Trust, we will be able to process EBT transactions at select producer stalls in The Marketplace. Plus, EBT cardholders will receive a $2Buck voucher, good at any stall in The Marketplace.
Oh yeah, we've got PF3 swag this year for you to conspicuously boast to your friends that you a a foodie in the know, a PF3 aficionado!