Philly Farm and Food Fest (PF3) has traditionally been one of the largest one-day local farm and food festivals in the U.S, with over 150 vendors and 4,000 attendees. This year, 2018 PF3 has all the makings of getting bigger and better. Our move to the Navy Yard brings 8 full acres of space, which will serve as the perfect backdrop for an epic outdoor farmers market experience, and hosting this event in the fall allows us to put an additional spotlight on the region's growers and their incredible harvest.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What's the big deal with the Navy Yard?
- It's the Navy Yard - it is a BIG DEAL!
- We have 8 acres of outdoor space, triple the real estate! And we've got expansion plans.
- Plenty of parking.
- We're dropping the visitor admission fee to encourage purchases of your products.
- Who will expect to attend PF3?
- Lovers of local food and beverage, families with kids, folks who want to connect with their food, the environmentally conscious, industry trendsetters looking for new products, and more.
- Any new plans for PF3 2018?
- A dairy tent
- A family area complete with a hay ride, maze, games, scavenger hunt, games, crafts and more
- Fiber!!! We're giving a nod to locally produced animal and plant fibers, including a sheep to shawl contest!
- Pumpkin carving
- Healthy eating
- BBQ Cook-off
- Food Trucks
- Oktoberfest Tent with Polkadelphia playing
- Whiskey Holler Tent with live music (tbd)
- Kitchen & Garden Craft
- Concierge area to stow purchases
- and more - stay tuned!
- Can I sell product at PF3?
- YES! The biggest change to PF3 this year is the ability for every participating exhibitor to sell their product.
- In order to sell goods at Fest you will need a Commercial Activity License. There is no charge for this license.
- Can I sample product(s)?
- YES! Sampling is allowed. Please comply with all of the sampling guidelines set forth by the city of Philadelphia.
- Do I need anything specific to sell or sample food items?
- Sampling and selling of food items requires the proper permit from the Philadelphia Health Department including an inspection the day of PF3 by the Department of Health. Use this link to access the Health Department Special Event VENDOR Application.
Please note: all participants selling/sampling food are required to bring a hand washing station consistent with the requirements of the Philadelphia Public Health Department
Can I sample / sell alcohol
The answer is a qualified yes:
RAMP certified servers
If you are applying to sample or serve alcohol you will receive complete information from us once we have approved your application.
Do you provide the tent canopies?
We do not provide canopies, but all exhibitors are required to have one.
All tents must be weighted with a 25 pound weight secured firmly to the base of each canopy leg.
NO staking of tents.
Do you provide electricity?
Electricity is available at an additional cost as noted on the application
Do you provide wifi?
Yes - there will be wifi onsite
Do you provide hand washing?
NO - YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN HAND WASHING STATION
Please see the recommended set-up here
The Health Department will check your water temperature. If your temperature is not up to temperature we will be able to assist you.
Do you have ice?
No - we do not have ice. Please bring sufficient ice for the day.
Do I need insurance
Of course! Robert's Group handles the logistics for PF3. They will be in contact with you regarding:
Is there security
Yes - we will have security.
Do you have a media kit for PF3?
You bet we do - once you are approved you will receive a media kit to promote the event.
We've also got Philly PR Girl geared up to promote the heck out of PF3.
We've categorized applications this year to make it easier to evaluate. You'll also find the applications are much shorter.
Once your application is submitted we'll evaluate it based on our selection criteria:
- Agricultural related, whether a farm or product made with locally sourced ingredients
- For value added products we're looking for about 50% of the ingredients to be sourced locally
- What is "local" - about a 200 mile radius of Philadelphia
- Non-profit organizations who share the Fair Food mission
- National brands with like values are welcomed as sponsors.
What do I need to participate?
- Insurance: $1,000,000 Liability Policy - information will be forwarded to you for specific COI requests.
- If sampling and selling food, a complete application from the Philadelphia Board of Health for the Philadelphia Health Department Special Event VENDOR Application.
- To sell goods at Fest you will need a Commercial Activity License. There is no charge for this license.
- Proper permitting/licenses/registrations for your product
- A canopy for your space
Review the application carefully and be certain to read the small print for specific requirements.
- Agricultural Application - Vegetables and Fruit
- All fruit and vegetable growers
- If you are a fruit/vegetable grower and also have livestock, please complete this application
- If you are a fruit/vegetable grower and also produce an alcohol product that you would like to include in your PF3 line-up, please complete this application AND the Alcohol Application.
- Agricultural Application - All other Agriculture
- All meat and livestock operations
- Cheesemakers - even if you do not have your own animals
- Value Added Product Application
- Canned, bottled, jarred, pickled, fermented, dried, packaged goods
- Baked Goods
- Frozen goods (ice cream, etc)
- Coffee and Tea
- Alcohol Application
- Beer, wine, ciders, distilled spirits
- Made and packaged in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY
- Use local agricultural products
- Concession and Food Truck Application
- Must use local agricultural products
- Fiber Application
- New this Year!
- Locally sourced animal and plant based fibers
- Kitchen/Garden Craft & Flower Application
- Pottery, wood craft, glass blowing, metal working, others which are specific to kitchen and garden craft
- Flowers and plants
- Non-Profit Application
- 501(c)3 operations
- Miscellaneous Application
- Retail operations
- Dog Food
- All others